City of Boston
Annual Enrollment is here! For July 1, 2021, we’re offering an HMO plan in addition to our PPO plan for active employees and non-Medicare-eligible retirees. Both plans will have a deductible, and give you access to the National Preferred Formulary (NPF) for your prescribed medications. Review the benefits offered by each plan, and choose the plan that best fits your needs.
For our Medicare-eligible retirees, you have three plans available to you – a Medex, a Medicare HMO Blue, and a Managed Blue for Seniors. There are no changes to these plans for July 1.
Questions? We’re here to help. Call us at 1-888-714-0189.
Active employees & non–Medicare-eligible retirees
Blue Care Elect Deductible (PPO)
- PPO plans give you more freedom in choosing doctors and providers.
- You have both in-network and out-of-network coverage; however, your out-of-pocket costs will be higher when you receive out-of-network care.
- A PCP is recommended, but not required.
Network Blue New England Deductible (HMO)
- An HMO is a network of doctors and hospitals that work together to manage your care.
- A primary care provider (PCP) is required with this plan.
- You must get a referral from your PCP before seeing a specialist.
Managed Blue for Seniors
- Choose a primary care provider (PCP)
- Office visits is $15 per visit
- Plan includes prescription drug coverage
- Coverage for inpatient and outpatient care
- Find care from any provider participating in Medicare
- No need to choose a primary care provider (PCP)